Chiropractic Malpractice Lawsuits
Seeking Justice for Patients with Chiropractic Injuries
You trust your chiropractor to alleviate aches, pains, and sores, while also restoring your mobility and flexibility. Yet a chiropractor who is not committed to following the utmost safety standards and chiropractic methods puts their patients at risk of suffering a serious injury.
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured due to a chiropractor’s mistakes, let me know. I am Attorney Paul Previte of The Law Office of Paul Previte in Fort Worth, and I am here to help you discover and use your rights after suffering a chiropractic injury. I will focus on proving that chiropractic malpractice and negligence caused your injuries and warrant compensation paid to you by your chiropractor. As a trial lawyer, I am not afraid to take matters to court when it means doing what is best for my client.
Call my law firm at (817) 857-6307. You can also use an online contact form to reach me if you prefer.
Chiropractic Malpractice Laws
Chiropractic malpractice occurs when the accepted standard of chiropractic care is not followed, the deviation from standard care causes an injury, and that injury results in real damages. With this in mind, I can approach your chiropractic malpractice claim from the same angle I would another medical malpractice claim, except with an intentional focus on details that make chiropractic treatments unique.
Four common forms of chiropractic malpractice are:
- Improper bodily manipulation: The purpose of chiropractic care is to correctly manipulate bones, muscles, nerves, and tendons to reduce pain. The sensitive nature of the body parts being manipulated by a chiropractor makes them susceptible to harm if manipulation is done improperly or incorrectly. For example, negligent manipulation of a patient’s spine could cause a herniated disc, neck injury, or chronic back pain.
- Chiropractic-induced stroke: One of the most severe consequences of chiropractic malpractice is a chiropractic-induced stroke. The vertebral artery runs up the spine and neck to reach the brain. Twisting or jolting a patient’s neck suddenly as part of a common chiropractic method may severe or damage this critical artery. The patient’s blood can well up in the damaged artery, choking the brain and triggering a stroke.
- Diagnosis failure: A licensed chiropractor is a medical doctor who owes a duty of care to patients, including a duty to properly diagnose their ailments. Failing to make a reasonable effort to understand a patient’s injuries and diagnose them accurately can be chiropractic malpractice if that injury is worsened due to the chiropractic treatment or due to not receiving the right medical treatment.
- No patient consent: In some situations, chiropractors gloss over the details of their methodology, instead assuring patients that “everything will be fine.” If your chiropractor did not give you a full explanation of potential chiropractic dangers and you are hurt under their care, then you likely have a valid chiropractic injury claim.
Seeking Full Damages from a Chiropractic Injury
Chiropractic negligence can result in a catastrophic injury that lasts a lifetime. In a worst-case scenario, patients may lose their lives due to complications caused by a chiropractic-induced stroke. In many more cases, though, patients will be left with chronic back and neck pain, as well as migraines they never experienced before going into chiropractic care.
When I am your Fort Worth chiropractic malpractice attorney, it will become my job to carefully calculate your experienced damages and pursue nothing less. I may be able to use my negotiation skills to end your case in a fair settlement paid by your chiropractor and/or their insurance provider. I am also willing to litigate on your behalf when the liable parties do not want to admit that they caused your damages.
Damages I may be able to cite in your chiropractic malpractice claim are:
- Medical costs: You should be compensated for any medical costs already paid to your chiropractor’s clinic. Medical bills for any previous and future care needed to treat the injury caused by your chiropractor should also be covered in the compensation amount you receive.
- Missing wages: Being severely injured by your chiropractor could put you out of work for weeks, months, or years. Even if you receive disability benefits through your employer, you will still lose a portion of your wages through missed work. Your claim can demand compensation to make up for any wages you have lost due to your chiropractic injury.
- Pain and suffering: The immediate pain caused by a chiropractic injury can be staggering, but the lingering pain may be even worse. Personal injury law in Texas allows you to seek noneconomic damages in your claim, such as financial compensation paid due to your undue pain and suffering.
- Loss of companionship: If your loved one passed away due to a chiropractic-induced stroke, then I can demand compensation on your behalf for the suffering the loss has caused you. Other damages also become available in a wrongful death claim, such as funeral costs and wages your loved one would have earned had they not passed away.
You can start working towards justice and compensation for your chiropractic injury today. Just call me at (817) 857-6307 to begin your claim.
I provide aggressive and personable advocacy.
Experience You Can Count On
I have years of experience as a prosecutor and judge.
Not Afraid to Fight
I have been a Trial attorney for over two decades.
Committed to My Clients
I am committed to getting you the best possible result.